Looking for the best weight gain exercises? You landed on the right spot, but let me break it to you, to successfully gain weight/muscles, you need something more than just exercise. I hope this article, answers some of your questions, but do not worry, you can always reach out to me at thefitnessguru me for any more doubts.
You may be planning to gain some extra weight to build muscles or just because you are underweight. Irrespective of your weight goal, it is very crucial to understand that without a proper exercise plan, you are going to have a hard time achieving it.
While gaining weight, exercises are surely one of the most significant steps but do not forget, just like weight loss, you need to follow a healthy diet plan as well.
Now, a diet plan for weight gain can be boring, but our lists of the best food and some of the yummiest smoothies to gain weight will cheer you up to keep moving towards your goal.
There are multiple exercises, workouts, and yoga postures for weight gain which you can perform in your homes, and gain weight in a few months (both men and women)
A myth about the Exercises to Weight Gain at Home
There is a common myth that these weight gain exercise at home are supposed to show results for men only.
But that is not true at all because these exercises are proven to work for women as well.
Exercises to Gain Weight for Male and Female:
Push-ups are one of the most simple yet effective exercises of all time. Do you need muscles for your arms or shoulders? Do Push-ups. Now, doing a push-up is pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
- Lie down on the floor facing downwards.
- Place hands on the floor, palms flat and arms out at the side at a shoulder-width.
- Push your body upwards until your arms are stretched completely. With your back and legs straight, your body should make a straight line.
- Go back down until your face almost touches the floor.
- Repeat as many times as you are comfortable with.
Lunges are another popular exercise for toning up your legs and butt muscles and gaining strength. The best part is you do not need any machinery of weights to perform this exercise. Follow along to perform lunges at your home:
- Stand in a straight posture, with feet hip-width apart.
- Place a step forward with one leg and shift your weight forward until your knees make a 90-degree angle.
- Come back to your starting position by pushing on your heel to lift yourself up.
- Do the same process by switching the legs.
- Repeat as per your comfort. Do not push yourself too hard because strength will develop with time and consistency.
Yoga for Weight Gain:
There are many yoga poses for gaining weight which you can easily perform at your home. I would recommend you to have a look on my blog of the Top 5 Yoga Poses to Gain Weight and add these yoga postures in your daily routine.
Weight gain from yoga can be really effective, and some of the postures you must follow are:
- Cobra Pose
- Sarvangasana Yoga
- Diamond Pose
- Matsyasana Yoga
Your body needs some weighted exercises to utilize the diet you are consuming daily, and bench press is a great choice to begin with, but do not start with a heavy weight. Begin slow and make your way towards heavy weight because the more your lift the more muscles you will build.
According to experts, benches are great for growing shoulder, chest, and triceps muscles. To perform this exercise, you need a flat bench and a weighted bar.
Here is how you can perform a bench press perfectly:
- Slowly lie down on the bench with the bar help on the shoulder level.
- Once comfortable, slowly lower down the arms bringing the bar down to your chest.
- Straighten your arms raising the bar. Repeat the same steps based on your strength.
Do not forget, while trying to gain weight, there are many factors in action other than diet and exercise. Here are certain changes which you must focus on:
- Try to achieve an average of 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
- Understand your body strength, over-exercising can lead to bodily injury.
- While practicing weight gain exercise, try to avoid any harmful habits like alcohol or smoking.