In an effort to fight this wide-spread #CoronaVirus more and more gyms are getting closed worldwide. And no one knows how long this lockdown could extend. So, let us try not to lose those gains we, here are the 10 best home workout for you and your parents to do without equipment.
Let’s not make quarantine an excuse, instead, let’s make the best use of it.
All you need to do is, get in your workout outfit, get your workout playlist ready and get ready to make use of your quarantine time. Make sure to get your parents to do these exercises daily because only a healthy body can fight this pandemic.
- Split Squats
- Straight Leg Sit Ups
- Tricep Dips
- Inchworm walkout to balance
Yes, these are just your warm-up exercises, but doing something is still better than doing nothing. These are some of the simplest exercises which you can perform anywhere and these are great for your overall strength, lose weight and stay healthy.
As per experts, older people are at higher risk from coronavirus, because with age the immune system of our body gets weaker. So let us try to keep our parents fit and healthy to fight this disease.
Basically, we need to maintain our fitness, because we need to stay healthy so that we can fight this virus spread.
- Stand with your feet a little wider than your hip width, and make sure that your toes are facing front.
- Drive your hips back, bending at the knees and ankles and your knees would be pressed and get slightly open.
- Sit into a squat position, your heels and toes will stay on the ground, chest up and shoulders back.
- Your knees should be bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Straighten your legs and get back into a standing position.
As it sounds, this is much like squads but due to the single-leg foundation provides a good amount of tension to your abdominal muscles, which boosts your overall strength.
- From standing position, take a long step forward. The heel of your back should be raised.
- Lower Down until your back knee touches the floor, then push back up.
- You need to complete your reps from each leg one by one.
- Place your hands under shoulder ( the same stance as you did for the push-up)
- Place your toes on the floor and squeeze your glutes to balance your body.
- Stay in this position and make sure to maintain your breath and form at the same time.
Plank is a simple, but really effective exercise and this does not require any equipment at all, just your body weight. Hence this is one of the best home workouts during Coronavirus outbreak for you and your parents too
- Get down on both your hands and toes, place your hands slightly wider than the shoulders.
- Straighten your arms and legs
- Lower down until your chest nearly touches the ground.
- Push yourself back up.
For the adults or beginners, you can start with placing the knees on the floor, because it would reduce the weight on your arms.
Straight Leg Sit Ups
- Lie down on the floor and place your knees and feet together (your feet will stay in this position while the whole exercise)
- Now, lift your upper body from the floor, try not to apply any pressure from your feet (you can take some help to put pressure on your ankle to prevent them from lifting up)
- Once your upper body is up making sure your back is straight.
- Lower your upper body back to the floor, just the reverse of what you did earlier.
- Sit on the edge of any chair, couch, stair in your house.
- Position your hands facing down, gripping the seating surface with your fingers
- Walk your feet out.
- Lower your body towards the floor, hinging at the elbows to a 90-degree angle
- Push yourself back up to your starting position
This is a great exercise for your tricep muscle, and you can do it using any flat table at your home without any gym equipment while coronavirus outbreak.
Inchworm walkout to balance
- Stand straight in a relaxed position and keep your arms also relaxed.
- Keeping your core engaged, bend forward at the hips and place your palms right in front of your feet
- Being careful, walk your hands in a high plank position.
- Once your body is parallel to the ground, lift up the right arm with the left leg and lower them slowly, repeat with the opposite side
- Walk back your hands and come back up to the standing position.
Like my mom, if you are facing any problem in lifting your hand and leg together, prefer to skip step 4.
It is very important to keep doing some exercises to achieve and maintain good health. In fact, as per the US government guidelines, it is suggested to get at least 30 minutes of workout each day.
Whatever exercise you do — let’s make sure that we don’t let our fitness level fall during this pandemic. Amid a virus outbreak, we need healthy bodies more than ever.