Origin of Yoga
The origin of the word yoga is from epic Sanskrit. Yoga is well defined in the yoga sutra of Patanjali.
In this article, we will know in detail about Yoga for Weight Gain.
Table of Content:
- What is Yoga?
- What Happens when you are underweight?
- What is BMI?
- How does Yoga help in weight gain
- Yoga Poses For Weight Gain
What is yoga? How does Yoga help for weight gain?
A union of physical mental and spiritual practice called yoga. Yoga is originated in ancient India. In Hindu philosophical schools of orthodoxy, yoga comes at first position out of the six.
Most people in western countries and many in India take yoga as the hatha yoga which defines the system of bodily postures but yoga is the spiritual belief in God or to connect with god.
Confused about hatha yoga? Don’t worry!!!
The true science of yoga is Raja yoga in which hatha yoga is the physical branch. Raja yoga is the meditation technique which helps human to harmonize consciousness.
Primarily yoga works with the energy in the human body through the science of pranayama. Do you know what is prana? Prana means “breath”. You know what yoga teaches yoga teaches how to breathe control and still your mind.
I hope you understand a little bit of how yoga for weight gain works.
What Happens When You Are Underweight?
When you are underweight you may suffer from the things described below:
- Immune function
- Surgical complications
- Developmental delays
- Weight range
Nowadays people are more conscious of being overweight.
Their medical expenses are very high to care about overweight. But if you are underweight you may suffer from a lot of problems?
There are many Risk with your body if you are underweight or having poor nutrition.
You may suffer from the problems due to underweight that I am describing below:
- Malnutrition, vitamin deficiencies causing Anemia.
- Due to a lack of vitamin D causes osteoporosis.
- Decreased immune function
- A Lot of complications from surgery
- Due to irregular menstrual cycle fertility issues
- Development problems mostly in teenagers.
We are here to help you to overcome being Underweight. if you have any problems with the underweight continue reading our posts on Yoga For Weight Gain it will really going to help you.
How one can know that he or she is underweight?
You can check that you are underweight using our healthy weight calculator, which shows your body mass index (BMI).
What Is BMI?
There is a simple method to calculate your BMI.
Before we move forward let’s define BMI. BMI is equal to your weight (kilograms) divided by your height in meters squared. According to American measurements, the equation of BMI is BMI = weight / (height x height) x 703. To measure your BMI a lot of online calculators available to measure your BMI where you enter your weight and height, and the calculations are done for you.
These are some Example of websites
|BMI range||Weight status|
|30 or above||obese|
BMI (body mass index) alone cannot show that a person’s weight is healthy, but using it in combination with other indicators can provide a more complete picture. So it has some disadvantages.
The Disadvantages of BMI
- The more muscles you have the higher your BMI will be
- A person has a big frame may have a higher BMI
- In the case of Same BMI, women will usually have more body fat than men
- At the same BMI, athletes have less body fat than people who are not athletes.
How Does Yoga Help You Gain Weight?
If you weigh less than the ideal weight and your diet is poor, then definitely yoga will help you gain weight. Yoga will help your body achieve the optimum natural metabolism of your body which in turn will help you gain the right weight over time which is for your body, provided that your diet also improves.
But, if your goal is to increase muscle mass or even for whatever reason you want to gain weight by fat, then forgiveness is not the sum.
You will not achieve that dream weight through yoga if that dream weight is more than the optimal weight of your body. There are many other unnatural means of gaining weight, but they are not good for your health. Yoga never agrees in any unnatural way. Yoga is completely natural and pure.
You know the power of yoga for weight gain. Don’t know Read this article Carefully!!!
Yoga solves problems like poor metabolism, lack of appetite, digestive and stress. While yoga helps us to overcome these types of problems, it also maintains weight and ensures you hit goals. Yoga also enhances the circulation of blood and oxygen. It also improves your stamina.
It is important to note that yoga works mainly in regulating your metabolism in the body. Therefore, you must not ignore these asanas below if you are trying to lose your body weight.
They work for both. You should try to gain weight through yoga under the guidance of a qualified instructor. Also, you must support these exercises or asanas with a diet with dense nutrients.
List of Poses of yoga for Weight gain
In a world prone to “weight loss”, there are many people living at the opposite end of the weight spectrum. Thin, thin people who have always dreamed of having a muscular body, live a lot in society he should follow these list poses of yoga for weight gain.
Despite eating a calorie-rich diet, they barely get a kilo. Yoga for weight gain is a boon for such people, as it can help reverse their body composition. Along with improving mass, yoga can also help strengthen the body and bring positive changes in their lives.
In this article, we will learn about the benefits of yoga for weight gain as well as detailed instructions for yoga asanas for weight gain!
Yoga For Weight Gain:
1. Bhujangasana Or Cobra Pose:
The most effective yoga poses for weight gain is bhujangasana which is also known as cobra pose. in this pose, you have to move do back bending in which your spine should be strengthened. It improves your breathing ability for effective results you need to do it daily.
- Firstly you have to lie on the floor on your front and then move up your upward body part and wait for 30 minutes as shown in the figure.
- Then proceed through inhalation and exhalation.
- This helps in toning the abdominal muscles. It is the most basic yoga pose
- This must be done in the break of 15seconds.
Bhujangasana helps to enhance the blood circulation in your body. And also improves digestion this will also maintain your Thyroid Hormone.
2. The Sarvangasana Yoga:
This is also called the shoulder standing pose. This will also make proper functioning of your thyroid glands, purifies the blood.
- Lie down on the back and then the lower portion should upwards then hold it with your shoulder blades.
- Here your shoulder holds the total weight of your body.
- Here you have to use your hands to hold your waist.
- This will help you to gain weight.
This will increase the blood circulation in your stomach. it also reduces the stress level which will help to increase your gain weight.
3. The Vajrasana Yoga:
This pose is also known as the diamond pose or the thunderbolt pose. This will also be done after having a meal which helps you for better digestion. practice it for 5 to 10 times a day.
- First, sit on the floor then Neel down on your heels then stretch your spine and palms which will rest on your knees.
- Kneel on the floor sitting on the heels, spine erect and the palms resting on the knees.
- Then you have to inhale and exhale.
This will help you in removing stomach related disorders like constipation, bloating or lack of appetite. This will also strengthen your thigh muscles. Also, this pose helps in hair strengthening.
4. The Matsyasana Yoga:
This is also called the Matsyasana or fish pose this will help you to increase your hair conditions and opens up the blood circulation of your head.
- Firstly, lie down on your stomach and then your legs should be close to each other.
- Now your elbows should be perpendicular and place your arms below your heap.
- Slowly inhale and head should be facing the ground and the chest should be upward.
- Now exhale and come back to the normal position.
This will help you in relieving your stress and affects the digestive system. you felt that your muscles are released and free.
I hope guys this article will help you to know the power of yoga for weight gain.
Some additional yoga poses by Jennifer parker